TECHNICAL ADVANTAGES OF THE GAMMA - CAMERA "MINISCAN"
· High internal spatial resolution (1.6 mm) not dependent on scintillator depth.
· High performance in gamma-quanta registration at the expense of usage of thick scintillator (current thickness is 10 mm and much more is possible).
· Absence of geometrical distortion observed in Anger’s cameras and caused by drift of electronic parameters.
· Low distortion caused by radiation absorption (at the expense of broad solid angle capturing of radiation through slots instead of small foramens).
· Fast warm-up to operational mode.
· Simple accommodation to power range of registered gamma-quanta.
· Medical image format (DICOM 3.0) support.
· Possibility of operation in medical data networks (during trials the device was working in a local network together with General Electric - ENTEGRA work station).
· Low consumed power (200 W).
· Built-in UPS.
· Mobility becaue of small overall dimensions and weight.
· Control simplicity.
· Possibility of using routine, convergent and divergent collimators.
· Potentiality of internal spatial resolution increase (2 to 4 times, that is up to 800 - 400 microns, at the expense of replacement of the shutter).
· Low cost price of manufacturing resulting in low price.