Electrokinetic Capillary Micropump
Prospective fields of application for electrokinetic capillary micropump
- medicine (regulated delivery of insulin and other drugs);
- chemistry and biology (lab-ware for micro-dozing, micr0-fluidic systems, lab-on chips
for feeding at the level from micro to nano liters in a minute
on using electro-kinetic effects related to the formation of double electric layers on a phase boundary between polar liquid and solid dielectrics.
Charges, under the influence of a field, move and carrying away a liquid behind itself
Distinctive properties of the IRO capillary electrokinetic micropump
(priority date from 07.07.2005):
- no electrolyzing processes with gas bubbling which blocks work operation or makes it unstable;
- opportunity for fine regulation of fluids from tens nano-liters up to milliliters per minute by changing voltage only;
- compactness of device, durability owing to absence of moving mechanical parts.
Flow rate of water depending on DC voltage. Single channel – 5 microns, amount of channels – 1 200 000. Length of poly-capillary tube – 20 mm.
Pressure at micropump outlet depending on diameter of single channel and voltage.
Flow rates of NaCl solutions of different concentrations depending on voltage. Channel – 10 microns, amount of channels – 360 000.
<<-- Demo video
shows an ability of the usage a micropump as a pumping device
Power supplier matched with mobile
shows an ability of the usage a micropump in the block of the fuel cell
Articles Books and patents X- ray optical systems X-ray devices Awards
Production New developments Exhibitions and Conferences museum IRO Contacts
X-Ray Measuring Complex «RIKOR»
Museum of IRO
Books and patents
X-ray optical systems
Institute for Roentgen Optics: X-ray optics, Neutron optics, Kumakhov optics +7 499 151 49 56